Monday, May 18, 2009

3 hour sugar test

Today was the 3 hour test... I get to the doctor's office at 8:15...The girl there pricks my finger and checks my level. It's 86, which is within normal range. Nornal range is between 70-130. However, that is my level after fasting. I hadn't eaten or drank anything since 10 the night before. So, after the 1st finger prick, I am given a bottle full of this super duper sweet juice to drink. Then I am instructed to come back in an hour to check the level again. With this 3 hour test, I have an initial finger prick to check the blood. Then after I drink the sweet stuff, I come back 3 more times. In this case, I will come back at 9:25, 10:25 and 11:25. So, Mark and I drove over to Starbuck's so he could get a coffee and a bite to eat. I didn't mind watching him eat at all, I think he felt worse about it than I did! At this point, I can at least drink water. We hang out there for a bit and make our way back to the doc. Now it's 9:25 and I go back to get my finger pricked again. This time my level has to be below 180. It's 173! yay! So I passed that one...The next time I come back (which will be 10:25) my level has to be under 155. ....Yikes, I'm getting nervous! Mark and I drive around for a bit and then make our way back. 10:25....I get yet another prick and my level is 133!!! YayYYYYyaaaaayyyyyyy!!! I passed again! It gets better though- SInce my level was so good (low) then that means my body is processing sugar correctly which meant I didn't have to come back for the last check. I am free to eat! SO no gestational diabetes for me people. Great news!
Next appointment is June 9th. I will post pics up this week though!

No comments:

Post a Comment