Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2nd prenatal visit!

So today, Mark and I went to our second visit. I am currently 12 weeks, so this visit was to check what my risk was for having a baby with Down syndrome. They check the fluid behind the baby's neck via ultrasound, and they are supposed to do bloodwork. Well, our little guy (or girl!) was moving around so much that the sonographer could not get the baby in the right position to measure the fluid. (Babies with Down syndrome tend to have more fluid behind the neck.) The sonographer tried for about 30 minutes before giving up...SO... I have to go back in a week. Even though we really didn't find out anything today, we got to see our little babe! He was jumping around so much! The babe looked like it was doing squats! It also sucked it's thumb and had the hiccups as well! It really was amazing to see, and definitely put alot of my worries to rest. Throughout this pregnancy I have been such a worry wart, wondering if the baby was still alive, how strong the heartbeat was, etc. So seeing how active he was today and finding out how strong the heartbeat was was definitely reassuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment